Easy to make spooky treats for your upcoming Halloween party
PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- It’s that time of year where everything is spooky, crawly, and make you shriek. It’s also a time where people get together either to go the trick-or-treating day of Halloween or at a party. And if you are looking for some simple things to make your guests or trick-or-treaters but aren’t creative enough, you can try one of these three.
Fun facts about Halloween
- Candy corn started being made back in the 1880s. Did you know that candy corn used to be called chicken feed? Apparently it’s because before World War I, many Americans didn’t eat corn and it was a cheaper way to feed livestock like chickens and pigs.
- Trick-or-treating has been around since medieval times.
- During World War II, a lot of items were rationed including sugar which went into making candy so that had a real impact on the holiday.
- Jack-O’-Lanterns come from the Irish.
- The Irish have a Halloween bread that is very similar to King Cake from Mardi Gras.
Types of Halloween treats
Where does one begin with all the kinds of Halloween treats? Some are creative, some are healthy, some may send you to the dentist, but they are all created for the sole purpose of Halloween. Halloween is when everyone becomes someone else for a day whether it’s a TV character, someone scary, or even someone sweet. It’s a holiday for all with all the candy you can feast on. Classic treats include caramel apples, popcorn balls, spooky cupcakes, mud pies, you name it.
Nowadays, people are getting more creative with treats like haunted house displays, spooky charcuterie boards complete with bites and candies, mummy gingerbread men, Halloween-themed truffles, and more.
Copyright 2022 KTVK/KPHO. All rights reserved.